Did you know that Angela Yee, co-host of The Breakfast Club, is an avid reader? So much so, that she paired up with publisher Atria Books, to host a monthly book club meeting.
The collaboration between Yee and Atria Books has brought us, Angela Yee’s Book Club:Kickin’ It From the Stoop. #KIFTS The monthly meetup is held at Woodstack Ivy, an apparel and footwear lifestyle boutique, in Brooklyn, NY.
Yee hosts the monthly meetup with two fellow readers. Book industry insider, Tasha Hilton (Simon & Schuster), and brand strategist, Tony Forte, join Yee in engaging book discussions over food, drinks, and guest DJ. Sometimes the authors of the monthly picks, also attend the meetings, and talk more in depth about their books.
The next meetup for Kickin’ It From the Stoop, will be held June 6, 2018 at the usual spot, Woodstack Ivy. For those of you who don’t live in the Brooklyn area, but still want to join the conversation, you can live stream each book club meeting via Facebook Live at, http://www.Facebook.com/teamyee. June’s book club selection is, Make Trouble by Cecile Richards.
Become a part of a new book club experience, and see more information about Angela Yee’s Book Club: Kickin’ It From the Stoop, by visiting the official book club website at, www.kickinitfromthestoop.com.
Listed below are previous, Kickin’ It From the Stoop book club selections.
- Homey Don’t Play That, David Peisner
- Black Girls Rock, Beverly Bond
- The Last Black Unicorn, Tiffany Haddish
- Parental Discretion is Advised, Gerrick D. Kennedy
- Run For Something, Amanda Litman
- Nobody, Marc Lamont Hill
- Bed-Stuy is Burning, Brian Platzer
- Surpassing Certainty, Janet Mock
- I Can’t Make This Up, Kevin Hart
- Life’s Work: A Moral Argument for Choice, Dr. Willie Parker
- The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl, Issa Rae